Internet Cafe Sample Business Plan Template
JavaNet, unlike a typical cafe, will provide a unique forum for communication and entertainment through the medium of the Internet. JavaNet is the answer to an increasing demand. The public wants: (1) access to the methods of communication and volumes of information now available on the Internet, and (2) access at a cost they can afford and in such a way that they aren’t socially, economically, or politically isolated. JavaNet’s goal is to provide the community with a social, educational, entertaining, atmosphere for worldwide communication.
This business plan is prepared to obtain financing in the amount of $24,000. The supplemental financing is required to begin work on site preparation and modifications, equipment purchases, and to cover expenses in the first year of operations. Additional financing has already been secured in the form of: (1) $24,000 from the Oregon Economic Development Fund (2) $19,000 of personal savings from owner Cale Bruckner (3) $36,000 from three investors (4) and $9,290 in the form of short-term loans.
JavaNet will be incorporated as an LLC corporation. This will shield the owner Cale Bruckner, and the three outside investors, Luke Walsh, Doug Wilson, and John Underwood, from issues of personal liability and double taxation. The investors will be treated as shareholders and therefore will not be liable for more than their individual personal investment of $12,000 each.
The financing, in addition to the capital contributions from the owner, shareholders and the Oregon Economic Development Fund, will allow JavaNet to successfully open and maintain operations through year one. The large initial capital investment will allow JavaNet to provide its customers with a full featured Internet cafe. A unique, upscale, and innovative environment is required to provide the customers with an atmosphere that will spawn socialization. Successful operation in year one will provide JavaNet with a customer base that will allow it to be self sufficient in year two.
JavaNet’s objectives for the first three years of operation include:
- The creation of a unique, upscale, innovative environment that will differentiate JavaNet from local coffee houses.
- Educating the community on what the Internet has to offer.
- The formation of an environment that will bring people with diverse interests and backgrounds together in a common forum.
- Good coffee and bakery items at a reasonable price.
- Affordable access to the resources of the Internet and other online services.
The keys to the success for JavaNet are:
- The creation of a unique, innovative, upscale atmosphere that will differentiate JavaNet from other local coffee shops and future Internet cafes.
- The establishment of JavaNet as a community hub for socialization and entertainment.
- The creation of an environment that won’t intimidate the novice user. JavaNet will position itself as an educational resource for individuals wishing to learn about the benefits the Internet has to offer.
- Great coffee and bakery items.
As the popularity of the Internet continues to grow at an exponential rate, easy and affordable access is quickly becoming a necessity of life. JavaNet provides communities with the ability to access the Internet, enjoy a cup of coffee, and share Internet experiences in a comfortable environment. People of all ages and backgrounds will come to enjoy the unique, upscale, educational, and innovative environment that JavaNet provides.
The risks involved with starting JavaNet are:
- Will there be a demand for the services offered by JavaNet in Eugene?
- Will the popularity of the Internet continue to grow, or is the Internet a fad?
- Will individuals be willing to pay for the service JavaNet offers?
- Will the cost of accessing the Internet from home drop so significantly that there will not be a market for Internet Cafes such as JavaNet?